Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keds195

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've lost a fish! I just fed my neon tetras and just counted them and there's one missing. I had 6 put them in last tues to cycle my tank. Been testing daily all ok. But one of the neons as disappeared. There's no sign of it anywhere. Any ideas? X

1.Might just be hiding really well somewhere?
2.Might have died and the fish ate it.

Good luck.

I was thinking about wether the other fish had eaten it. Wasn't sure if this was possible though. It was there this morning. And been checking for a couple of hours now and no sign

Check you're water parameters to know if anything is dangerous, witch could help know if it died or not. If its good, then it might have died of something else, or just blending in decor really well.

Found it. Well the remains of it. Poor thing it's skeleton was floating around before one of the fish was nibbling at the remains.

It's ok. Thanks for replying. Not sure why it died. The water is fine I've checked. Ph 7.2. Ammo 0.25. Nitrites 0 nitrates 0.
There was one fish that was swimming round on its own while the others were together so I wonder if they have bullied it? Also out of the other 5, 1 is a lot smaller than the rest so I'm worried the 4 bigger ones will bully that one too.

It's ok. Thanks for replying. Not sure why it died. The water is fine I've checked. Ph 7.2. Ammo 0.25. Nitrites 0 nitrates 0.
There was one fish that was swimming round on its own while the others were together so I wonder if they have bullied it? Also out of the other 5, 1 is a lot smaller than the rest so I'm worried the 4 bigger ones will bully that one too.
You're ammonia should be at 0. .25 can be dangerous even if they're hardy.

check your tap water parameters (my tap has 1.0 ammonia therefore 0.25 is where my tanks ammo test all the time from day one) also add a little extra Prime de-chlorinator (or other brand) to help detox that .25 then you are okay....

Back
Top Bottom