HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this afternoon i added several rocks, an artificial plant, and a pice of driftwood to my aquirium. I was out of the house for a period of 3 hours after placing the items in the tank. I did wash all items beforehand and soaked the driftwood for 24hours prior to use in my tank. When i came back to my tank i noticed small 1/4-1/2 inch white hairlike things floating in my tank. Hundreds of them. WHAT IS IT??? And more importantly is is harmful to my fish along with my two crayfish who call this tank home? And what caused this? There were a number of changes in my tank in the last 48 ours. First of all, last night i fed frozen brine shrimp for the first time (a little too much). There was some shrimp at the bottom of my tank but i left it to the crayfish to clean it up. In the morning the tank was back to being crystal clear. Later that day as i said before i added rocks plants and driftwood to the tank. I think the disturbance of the gravel might have kicked up some of the uneaten shrimp. Either that or my new additions to the aquarium brought the substance. My solution is to do a water change n the morning seeing as it is already late and i have no reason to suspect any immediate threat from the little hairs. But do i need to take more immediate action. Will a water change solve the problem? Are these things alive?

HELP!!!!!!

A water change won't hurt but without a picture to identify what they are I can't offer any other help.

Back
Top Bottom