Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question HELP

Can anyone plz give me some advice.I bought a group of 10gouramis over 5years ago no prob except the 1 has not stopped growing and has now well & truly out grown her tank.She has grown to an unbelievable 21"x7" just under 2ft.I even have her taking food from my hand & have named her MOBY.The sealife centre have told me she is an asian gourami.She is a beautiful champagne pink colour but I know it is very unkind to keep her she needs an extremely large tank mine is a4ftx2ft & nowhere near big enough.The sealife centre cant have her as they dont have an asian theme.I would gladly accept any advice or possibly even offers for MOBY.Many thanks.Sara.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarasteve View Post
Can anyone plz give me some advice.I bought a group of 10gouramis over 5years ago no prob except the 1 has not stopped growing and has now well & truly out grown her tank.She has grown to an unbelievable 21"x7" just under 2ft.I even have her taking food from my hand & have named her MOBY.The sealife centre have told me she is an asian gourami.She is a beautiful champagne pink colour but I know it is very unkind to keep her she needs an extremely large tank mine is a4ftx2ft & nowhere near big enough.The sealife centre cant have her as they dont have an asian theme.I would gladly accept any advice or possibly even offers for MOBY.Many thanks.Sara.
I was just reading about giant pink gouramis! Someone near me is selling a 60cm one in a 6ft tank. It come as a package deal with a goldfish that it befriended in stead of eating it years before. Surely someone would value her? Apparently they are good in ponds.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

moby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspixie View Post
I was just reading about giant pink gouramis! Someone near me is selling a 60cm one in a 6ft tank. It come as a package deal with a goldfish that it befriended in stead of eating it years before. Surely someone would value her? Apparently they are good in ponds.
I didnt think she could go into a pond are you absolutely sure as she is tropical
Old 04-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarasteve View Post

I didnt think she could go into a pond are you absolutely sure as she is tropical
They are reported to tolerate water temps of 20c-30c.
Just read that they're illegal to import to Australia.
http://www.allabout-aquariumfish.com...ofile.html?m=1

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com