help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pot that I want to put in my cichlid tank but it has little pieces of crushed up plate grouted onto it. Will grout be bad for the fish?

I just read that grout may have mold inhibitors which might be toxic to fish. Not sure if it is one way or the other just throwing that out there for you. I have a terracotta pot in my figure 8 puffer's tank with no problem, but I'm not sure about the state of your pot.

Was it purchased this way or did you make it? If purchased it will hold you should only be concerned of any toxins it may leach into the water.

I would not use the pot for 2 reasons now. One being the possible toxicity of the grout and the fish possibly injuring themselves on the pieces.

I would not use the pot for 2 reasons now. One being the possible toxicity of the grout and the fish possibly injuring themselves on the pieces.

Oh good call laser they do look like they may be sharp. Fish can use items in the tank to scratch themselves and if its sharp it could cut them.

Back
Top Bottom