HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason6942

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, idk what's up with my gourami's. I had just die and the other looks not far off. All the other guppies in the tank seem fine. The only thing I see is some darkness or blackness along the top of the gouramis head. Anyone have any ideas of what's going on

Test your water, post the results. What size tank, what is the filter capacity litre per hour, what is your maintenance schedule? What stock do you have?

My levels are good 0/0/20. It's a 10 gallon with 3 guppies and 2 dwarf gouramis. I do a WC once a week and feed every 2-3 days.

What type of water conditioner do you use, reason why I'm asking is because I had few fish that was almost about to die, kinda like leaning on one side of the tank. So what I did was I went to dollar store and bought a tub and filled it with 50% tank water and half fresh. Then I went to pet store bought a Prime water conditioner and used that instead of API and few days later the fishes wore fine and no sigh of illness. I think prime has something to do with it.

I do WC and I use prime on my tank now and the fishes are less stressful

Not sure if you're UK. I've never heard of prime? If the label says it removes chlorine and chloramine, the product should be ok, I use tetra pond on all my systems, I make a job lot of tap and mix it up how I need to. Sorry I read dwarf gourami.

What I do on all of my tanks, every day test water, when it reaches undesirable levels, change water, test one hour later. Make notes that becomes your schedule. Every time you add new fish, do it all over again. Keep a small diary of all activity on every tank. This will pay off somewhere down the line.
Once you've established the routine, just keep an eye on the pH.

I have prime but use ATM dechlorinate it had vitamin c to help with disease. What about the darkness on his head sry can't post a pic

Dwarf gourami are really sensitive, they were taken off sale a while back because of some disease that's here in the UK. Aim for neutral pH. Feed meaty stuff, get a multi blister and see what they like. Daphnia, mosquito larvae or bloodworm. How new is your tank? They like well established systems.

It's a well established tank but I guess I don't have to worry about anymore he just went sideways then belly up. So i guess it's WC time so weird for both my gouramis to go at the same time

Only about 3 1/2 months I didn't even get a chance for them to spit at me.

Do some online research, Colisa Lalia. They had a mystery disease about five years ago. Maybe that may help. These fish are on sale again in UK. Sorry but that's the best I can do. I've learnt a bit over the years, mostly from books. Fish health a-z taught me the most. It is interpet publishing. Shop around though, second hand if you're not rich. Plenty available. It will teach you plenty. It's my bible. Sorry about the loss though, crack a beer open!

Yup a shot and a new aquarium to sooth the pain :) thx for the help

Back
Top Bottom