HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisherman12341

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I dropped my 5 inch alino rainbow shark while transferring him to my 55 gallon planted tank. i put him in the tank and its been three days, hes alive, but not eating, ive noticed he has no control of his swimming, he'll go on his side, upside down, all over the place, i cant stand watching a beautiful fish like that suffer, so as soon as i noticed his fins starting to rot, i isolated him, put two aerators, some salt, and melafix. any suggestions??????? im guessing his air bladder is damaged but i have no idea what to do

HELP!!!!:banghead:

Sounds like he wasn't acclimatized properly to me...

I have dropped fish before, and they were fine. How exactly did it fall? Did you acclimate it before transferring?

i allowed him to sit in a tub of water for nearly an hour and frequently adding my water with the stuff he came with. and even if he wasnt acclimatized, wouldnt he be dead already?

yes and i was transferring him in my net while holding my hand underneath to stop the water from dripping, i guess for a moment my hand was on his body and used that to propel himself forward, he fell about four feet

Hmm that stinks. I'm sorry to hear that. Usually when they aren't swimming right they never come back. Good luck. Next time don't worry about a couple drops of water, just keep your hand OVER the net!

Back
Top Bottom