Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishywishywowoo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sorry in advance for long post. New to fish and quite upset at moment. I have 7 white cloud minnows and 4 hillstream loaches. I needed to hoover my gravel as had some hidden food that needed removing so needed to move ornaments etc. I removed about 35-40% of water and took the minnows out the tank for their safety as they very nosey and didnt want the siphon to injure them. Anyway I could only find 6 minnow. I checked the water I removed etc and not there and couldnt see him in tank so I was at a loss. I quickly did what I needed to around the loaches as they stay out of way. I was cleaning up and just happened to check the floor and I found the minnow. This was bout 10 min after couldnt find him. I thought he was dead but he started flapping when I touched him so I gently scooped him up and placed back in tank but he just laid there so I removed him and put him in a small 2 gallon tank that I had spare. At first he was upside down so again thought he was dead but he started swimming when I went to remove him. For about 15 min he stayed near top of tank but right way up. I just checked on him 30 min later and he swimming round normally I think. Quite fast anyway. My question. Will he be ok? What if he damaged a fin etc? Any advice if need to move ornaments in future?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did you happen to do a test for ammonia/nitrites on that tank? Is it possible that your parameters were high and he wasn't feeling well because of that?

If you water parameters are good, then he should be fine. I would keep him in QT tank with heater, airstone, and clean water for 24 hours if you feel that he is still stressed from the ordeal.

The 2g tank was in storage so it all clean water but has no heatee etc just an air conditioner. He swimming around fine today so think was just in shock yesterday. Would he be ok to put back in main tank. Nothing in tgere to eat him

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom