Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2019, 11:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Exclamation Help ! 🤔🤔

I have a 20 gallon long tank with 4 platy fish, 2 African dwarf frogs, 2 snails, and a butterfly loach. Before I purchased my 2 snails (about 1 week ago) I decided to add live plants into my tank and ditch the plastic ones. I went to Petco and bought the plants there. These plants were obviously inside tanks with different fish, snails, shrimp, and whatever other kinds of creatures they sell. When I added them, I noticed the next day on one of the leaves, a small clear jelly like substance with white dots throughout was on it. I searched the internet and it said it was snail eggs and to remove them because they can overtake your tank. I removed it and 2 days ago i found 2 baby snails inside my tank. Just now I noticed that same clear jelly thing hanging on the log I have at the bottom of my tank. Is it snail eggs ??? Itís really stuck onto my log and does not come off easily. If it is snail eggs, how long until they hatch? And when will they be big enough for me to remove them ?
Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks 🙏🏻

Old 10-19-2019, 03:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

What kind of snails do you keep (intentionally) in the tank?

You could try using a metal fingernail file or tweezer to help remove the unwanted eggs.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have 1 golden inca snail and the other one is brown with black zebra-like stripes on it. I donít know what kind that one is. I bought both from Petco. The only thing that confuses me, is when I bought the plants from Petco and added them to my tank, I had nothing living inside yet. I was still cycling my tank when I added the plants and I found the same thing on one of the leaves. I figured something hitchhiked over from the tanks at the pet store. I thought I removed all of it until I noticed 2 baby snails. Idk how the same thing is on the log I purchased and it is a fake log, so I Bought it in a package. (Nothing could have laid eggs on it because it wasnít previously inside a tank)
Old 10-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sounds like you had snail hitchhikers in your tank and the log just became a convenient nursery. A pic would help immensely

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com