Help ! ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KelseyC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon long tank with 4 platy fish, 2 African dwarf frogs, 2 snails, and a butterfly loach. Before I purchased my 2 snails (about 1 week ago) I decided to add live plants into my tank and ditch the plastic ones. I went to Petco and bought the plants there. These plants were obviously inside tanks with different fish, snails, shrimp, and whatever other kinds of creatures they sell. When I added them, I noticed the next day on one of the leaves, a small clear jelly like substance with white dots throughout was on it. I searched the internet and it said it was snail eggs and to remove them because they can overtake your tank. I removed it and 2 days ago i found 2 baby snails inside my tank. Just now I noticed that same clear jelly thing hanging on the log I have at the bottom of my tank. Is it snail eggs ??? :confused::eek:It’s really stuck onto my log and does not come off easily. If it is snail eggs, how long until they hatch? And when will they be big enough for me to remove them ?
Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks ??

What kind of snails do you keep (intentionally) in the tank?

You could try using a metal fingernail file or tweezer to help remove the unwanted eggs.

I have 1 golden inca snail and the other one is brown with black zebra-like stripes on it. I don’t know what kind that one is. I bought both from Petco. The only thing that confuses me, is when I bought the plants from Petco and added them to my tank, I had nothing living inside yet. I was still cycling my tank when I added the plants and I found the same thing on one of the leaves. I figured something hitchhiked over from the tanks at the pet store. I thought I removed all of it until I noticed 2 baby snails. Idk how the same thing is on the log I purchased and it is a fake log, so I Bought it in a package. (Nothing could have laid eggs on it because it wasn’t previously inside a tank)

Sounds like you had snail hitchhikers in your tank and the log just became a convenient nursery. A pic would help immensely

Back
Top Bottom