Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IloveEBR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 40 gallon tank with
6 black skirt tetras
1 Electric blue ram
1 assassin snail
For about 3 months now
Parameters are PH 7
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 10
It’s had fish in it for about 3 months now. Recently whenever I turn the lights out the ram will chase the tetras non stop. Why is he doing this and what can I do to stop it?

I found out that some fish are just jerks. Do the tetras have enough hiding spots, have the tetras tried to nip at him at all?

There are a bunch of plants, drift wood, a big fake driftwood decoration they love to sit in, and rocks

The tetras love to chase each other when the lights go out so maybe it’s just exciting him? He acts like he thinks he’s apart of their group.

I just read online that if they don’t feel like they have enough space they will chase other fish. I just added a bunch of plants 2 weeks ago. I’m going to take some out and see what happens. I also took a bully fish out and put him in the 10 gallon a week ago so maybe he’s become the bully now?

Just an update since removing some things from the tank and giving him more space he’s stopped.

Back
Top Bottom