Help, angels pecking at balloon belly mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shattrd3

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's weird because I thought they naturally got along. And now my girlfriend is like tripping out because one of the four or maybe all of the guppies are going after the mollies fins. They're just baby guppies that are starting to show color and the mollies are adults. What's going on?

your big belly mollie has large fins and it a defense mech and guppies have the same thing so they are trying to show dominance .....rule of thumb is not to put large flowing tail fishes together(different speciese) if thats how you spell it lol :) its funny cause my big belly nollie chases my large angels cause the have large fins and they pay no attention to him but its funny to watch ....kinda like a little dog and big dog hahaha

See I knew there was nothing wrong with them doing that. Is it alright though if one of the mollies almost don't have a fin and is swimming all cricked like?

no that is bad i would take out one of them unless you have more ???
only keep either the mollies or the guppies in there.....you could put other fish with not so big of fins in with the guppies

Back
Top Bottom