help aquascaping corner aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clembo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi all
i need some advise on aquascaping my juwel trigon 190, ive seen loads of beautiful aquascape's with the standard rectangle shape tanks but theres none i can find on people aquascaping corner bow front tanks. i've rearranged mine many times now but im finding it really hard to get the natural look im after, i think i've got too many focal points also. theres two large pieces of mopani root i've got some java moss, anubis nana and java fern on one piece the other has spiky moss on two parts, large leave anubis (not sure of the name) and some more java fern these are all still attached with black cotton and elastic bands on the big anubis as waiting for them grab on, been on there for about 4 weeks now so hoping they will be attached pritty soon so i can remove the ugly rubber band lol. i've bought a large piece of plum slate from local garden centre and smashed it up with Chisel and hammer i've made a cave at the rear corner and a smaller cave in the front and scatterd some smaller piece's around, i still have loads left if needed im hoping to get some advice or tips on what i could do better heres vid of how its goin

I have a 70g corner, and the best layouts I've found is either having a pair of focus points on the left and right corner, with the center open (or a lesser focus in the back corner). Or having a single large focus in the back corner with lesser in the left and right corners. It is really tricky though, and requires just the right things to make it look good.

hi thx for ur reply ill try and take on board wot u said and experiment a bit with it, loving ur corner tank fishyd it looks loads better now the white rocks and black sand really go nice and ofc the fish look awsome and happy too :)
if anyone else has any tips on my corner tank on what i have in there allready tht maybe would look better moved somewhere else ill happly give it a go cause im realy bad at this stuff lol
thx again

Its all what you want, what you like, and what makes you happy. Best thing you can do is find pieces that you like, one large centerpiece driftwood or a pair of medium pieces. Pieces that you like and just play with them till you find a layout that you like.

Thank you also. The picture isn't all that great, bad angle so it looks flatter than it is, but I love the depth it provides and the flow of the tank. So awesome watching my catfish make a race track between all the gaps.

I have a 54g corner bow. Like fishyd, I think the depth a corner bowfront provides is the best attribute and should be worked into the scape. When I did mine I tried to set it up so that there was a focal point closer to the front and then a bigger focal point in the back to really give it a perception of depth. The key thing is you have to like it! I had no idea what I was doing when I set mine up (first tank) but through trial and error and seeking feedback I got it to a place where I am happy with it...at least for now...I'm always tinkering! :lol:

thx rak
ur tank is something else!, if mine looked like that id be a very happy man lol
can i ask what type of rock u are using? that large one at the back corner is stunning. ive got some nice ideas now so thx for the advise
ill do an update soon and show how its coming along
thx again

Thx for the kind words clembo. :) Those are lace rocks. It's actually three pieces that I was able to stack to make a wall. My favorite part is the little cave they created at the bottom. The fish love swimming through there.

thx rak kind words tht are well deserved :) im gunna have to look round my lfs for some that rock it really looks the part
thx again

Back
Top Bottom