Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help ASAP ! Lifeguard Tetra all in one treatment

So, my otos and my betta have ich, but not sure about my harlequin rasboras. Just in case i dropped 4 tablets of the lifeguard for my 20g tank. Next morning water is very cloudy and rasboras are hanging out on the top, and trying to get some air, thats how it looks like. Is that normal when treating fish?????

Old 10-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

They seem to be okay now, but that was a very unusual behaviour. I guess they got used to it by now. Water is still cloudy tho, is that normal?

Old 10-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You should do a water change and dose again for volume removed..50% IMO minimum.
If the med is working on the ich it will need to be in force when it falls off the fish as no med works while the parasite is still in the fish..
Changing water also helps to remove the fallen ichs before they multiply and search out a host [your fish].
coralbandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:22 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

50% water change, condition the water (double dose). Turn up that heat! 85-88 degrees. Turn the lights Off! Do water changes and conditioner daily for 4 to 6 days. Double the dose of conditioner! And add another air stone with the warmer water for oxygen. Should be good in 4 days.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:41 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellove78 View Post
50% water change, condition the water (double dose). Turn up that heat! 85-88 degrees. Turn the lights Off! Do water changes and conditioner daily for 4 to 6 days. Double the dose of conditioner! And add another air stone with the warmer water for oxygen. Should be good in 4 days.
But i have otos, will they survive that kind of temperature?
By the way water got clear next day. I didnt do water change, everything seems to be okay now. Why do i need to turn off the light?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:48 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm not sure about them like guys with heat. But at least turn lights out. Put temp. As high as you can. The ich loves, and services longer with light and cooler temps that have more oxygen. Heat kills it faster, with less oxygen.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellove78 View Post
I'm not sure about them like guys with heat. But at least turn lights out. Put temp. As high as you can. The ich loves, and services longer with light and cooler temps that have more oxygen. Heat kills it faster, with less oxygen.
Otos like colder water . Below 75. I did 81. My otos already dont like it. I can see their behaviour is diffrent. I dont want to do more, otos are way too fragile. I dont think they will survive more heat.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Can you put them in something else, maybe??
Old 10-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Like what? I still need to treat them.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well, if you gotta treat them too then leave them in there. Didn't know they had it too. They should be fine.

Tags
eat, tetra, treatment

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com