Help Corydoras not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
I always put flake food in my tank and every fish eats them but i bought 3 Corydoras today and they dont eat the flakes just algae off gravel

cories are bottom feeders. ;) they need shrimp pellets or sinking wafers in order to be properly fed. they're probably not eating algae, but leftover food like they're supposed to. what type of cories did you get?

Davies97 said:
I always put flake food in my tank and every fish eats them but i bought 3 Corydoras today and they dont eat the flakes just algae off gravel

Okay, well the corys probably cant get to the flakes. I bet the fish are too quick to eat it all before it touches the bottom. To fix this; buy sinking pellets/wafers for the corys. They will love them and your fish wont be able to eat the whole thing!:)

Ps, i dont think corys eat algea, they are scavenging for food on the ground

they really need a bigger tank then what you have... they also need schools of 6... but your tank isn't big enough for that either.

blackmolly said:
they really need a bigger tank then what you have... they also need schools of 6... but your tank isn't big enough for that either.

What size?

Mine are almost constantly scavenging. They love the wafers and once a week I give them frozen brine shrimp and they go mad for the pieces that make it past the tetras.

Back
Top Bottom