HELP!!! Does anyone know about Hi Fin/Long Fin Black Skirt Tetra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my mom has 1 bst,which she got with the tank about 9 years ago,and it was pretty close to full size then.its the oldest fish in her tank,hasnt nipped anything,and has survived a heater malfunction that killed an adult angel fish,and almost everything else. toughest tetras ever.

Thanks alLexX, it's nice to hear someone else has had an Angelfish with a BST and they survived each other.
Heater malfunctions are deadly, I'm surprised that any Tetra survived it.
I'm very fond of any hardy fish.
When I first started fish keeping I was really stupid about it. I went to the FS and picked out fish that I thought were pretty and would fit in my size tank. Ability to survive or level of care never entered into my thought process. Now I stick with the hardy breeds, which the FS owner knows about me. So he didn't pawn of the BST for a buck not caring if they lived or died, good to know.

To all the above, the pro BST and the not so.
For now they are in QT anyway so it's not urgent that I do anything one way or the other.
The 5 Hi Fin BST that were sold to me for a buck, have lived with nothing but Angelfish for a year. So from a very young age to full size, Angels were the BST only tank mates. So my Angels won't be new to them. In fact they all came from the same store and the same tank in the store. It will be more like a reunion than a knew experience for any of them.
The Angelfish are the first in the tank so they won't be bullied by the BST. They all should be fine, if not, I will separate them.
Thank you for all your in put, I now know what to watch out for.

Now, does anyone know if there is anyway to tell the difference between male & female BST?

Back
Top Bottom