HELP! Dumb cory cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have reason to believe one of my cory cats swam inside a sinking hole they put at the bottom of decorations to keep them underwater. I was added a new piece of decor when I noticed one of my cories was missing. I could not find him anywhere!!!! I believe he is inside the decor. Which is very big and twisted by the way so he could have gotten stuck :/ ... I left the decor tipped so maybe he will swim out but I'm scared more fish will swim in it! Ugh! Has anyone had this happen before!?

And I don't want a rotting fish in my aquarium if he can't get out... I'm not positive he's in there but I have no idea where else he would be. When I tipped it upside down I could have sworn I see him swim right past the opening of the hole

If fish can swim in they can swim out...

Many times, you're not alone. I would lift the decoration slightly out of the water and see if he's in there. If he is stuck and dies in there your tank could have issues as a result of the ammonia a dead fish gives off. If you are worried about others getting in I wouldn't use the decoration.

Do you have a picture of the decoration?

★I have albino corys that just love to go missing in my tank. But when I found out they hide in the pirate ship I was relieved. They go in and out as they please. I also have a little cave made out of rocks for them to chill under.

ForumRunner_20131016_112542.jpg

ForumRunner_20131016_112616.jpg

I'll try to find a picture. There are no openings on the decor. Only at the bottom!! I think he swam in as I was putting the decor in the tank.. So I tipped it sideways so he can try to swim out :/

Here it is

Attachments

• image-1265779285.jpg
    image-1265779285.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 266
Once you are certain he's no longer in there make sure to bury the bottom of the piece in the substrate to make sure no one else can get in.

The thing is I'm not even sure if he's in there! As you can see there are lots of twist and turns in the decor so who knows. I cant see by looking underneath it. Ugh :/

I found him! OMG this poor guy. So not only was I wrong where I thought he was. He wasn't even in the same tank!! He must of been hanging onto my other decoration I moved into my unestablished tank! Which has no heater!! Poor guy. I seen him swimming around all by himself. I hope he makes it. He's back in his original tank now.

One thing that I have done to keep fish out of decorations is to get some screen like you have in your windows and cut a piece to fit over the hole in the decoration then I used superglue to glue it on and trimmed the edges to look neat. Couldn't even tell that there was anything blocking the holes

One thing that I have done to keep fish out of decorations is to get some screen like you have in your windows and cut a piece to fit over the hole in the decoration then I used superglue to glue it on and trimmed the edges to look neat. Couldn't even tell that there was anything blocking the holes

Good idea!

I found him! OMG this poor guy. So not only was I wrong where I thought he was. He wasn't even in the same tank!! He must of been hanging onto my other decoration I moved into my unestablished tank! Which has no heater!! Poor guy. I seen him swimming around all by himself. I hope he makes it. He's back in his original tank now.

Glad you found him! Hope he is fine.

Thank you! He is happy to be back with his buddies! By the way you look very beautiful in your picture! ( if that's you of course ) haha

No problem, I have corys and would freak if one went missing. But glad you found yours and hopefully he doesn't try it again lol

As for the profile pic, thanks had to wait till just before dusk to get the nice sunset color=) btw I am Japanese/hawaiian.

No problem, I have corys and would freak if one went missing. But glad you found yours and hopefully he doesn't try it again lol As for the profile pic, thanks had to wait till just before dusk to get the nice sunset color=) btw I am Japanese/hawaiian.

Haha I know! I love my cories! ... Ahh I see! I went to brazil once, filled with beautiful people! I love other peoples culture and what nots :)

Back
Top Bottom