Help filter not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddodad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Rena xp4 canister filter. I did my usual pwc and rinsed the filter media. I reattached all seemed will it filled like normal, sounds normal but no water coming out. I checked all connections the impeller all seems ok. Any advice?

Also all stores closed now until tomorrow do Oy guys thin the fish will be ok?

I have a Rena xp4 canister filter. I did my usual pwc and rinsed the filter media. I reattached all seemed will it filled like normal, sounds normal but no water coming out. I checked all connections the impeller all seems ok. Any advice?

Also all stores closed now until tomorrow do Oy guys thin the fish will be ok?

Where is the water level? If you can see the water level then it's not high enough to reach the impeller. Start from scratch again and let it refill after you prime it. Once it stops filling, crack open one of the clips SLOWLY. You will hear a very faint hissing as water begins to fill to the top due to pressure. Once it reaches the very top snap the clip back. Plug in filter and you should be good. This is most likely your problem

Tried that no luck the water was back all the way to the top. I got it used with the tank it's been causing me issues ever since I got it. I figure invest in a new one tomorrow

Tried that no luck the water was back all the way to the top. I got it used with the tank it's been causing me issues ever since I got it. I figure invest in a new one tomorrow

Just to be clear, this is where your referring to as the top correct? If you could help me out a little and provide some pictures of your setup maybe we can solve this without buying a new one. Rena's are a PIA but when they work, they WORK

Attachments

• image-121784819.jpg
    image-121784819.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 37
Ok so I couldn't post a new post. So i need help. Thanks u cut and paste.

Ok so about a week ago I received my api large canister filter. Got it running everything was good.. Well yesterday I come home from work and go to check on a fish. I realize the canister isn't working. My wife tells me the power went out. So i dump it out and try to re prime it, when I plugged it in it had no power at all.

Today I called api and did some troubleshooting. He had me take off the top/propeller (Sorry I'm new to this canister stuff) And plug it in. The propeller still worked fine and spun. Out it back together and re primed it... And nothing.

Has anyone had this problem. I feel like I'm just missing something. I hope I'm.. Thanks in advance.

I just read the update a second ago, it is an xp filter?

If the motor seems to be working and the water primes all the way up in the canister. I'd say try cleaning all the O rings, reprime and hope it works

Another one that usually works is to threaten to throw it out. Joke

Can you exchange it where you got it? My lfs is good with those type of things

Well i ordered it threw amazon off of pet mountain. I tried calling them to talk about an exchange but **** pacific time puts me busy when they open. Now I'm going on vacation, so it'll have to wait. I also semt them an email, so I atleast should have that on record.. Api said I could warranty it of they wouldn't so I'm thinking I might be alright with getting it fixed. Just gonna have to jump threw hoops

That sucks, I love mine but I've been warned when they work they're the best but when they break its hard to repair

The biggest problems with the xp are the o-rings and a priming issue that does not allow the water level to reach the very top of the filter. Other than that I'm not sure as to why it's not working. Sounds like its just a defective unit.

Back
Top Bottom