Help Fix My XP3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
Maybe I am not situating it properly, but I do not know how to do that if that is the case.

When I hear a loud rattling in my filter I know it's not functioning properly. Opening it up always reveals the impeller cover has come loose and is sitting lopsided. I situate it back in place and it seems to sit tightly, but a few days later, I get the same rattling and fine the cover lopsided again.

841554-00.jpg

This is the impeller cover.

ACC860601.jpg

This is the rotor, shaft, bearing, but when the impeller cover is lopsided, the shaft is always attached to it. Is that normal? Like I mentioned, I slide the shaft back in and the impeller locks into place.

Could something else be worn out, causing the impeller cover to come off repeatedly? I'm pretty sure I'm putting it down as a snug fit as I can't easily turn it the opposite direction and pop it off.

This is a relatively new unit, three months old. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[/img]

sounds like the bore inside the impellar is damaged ( where the shaft slides through ) you can try replacing the impellar, shaft and all, and see if that stops it

So basically, the pin is sliding off the impeller and it shouldn't be and that's why I'm finding it attached to the impeller cover?

Okay. I'll take a look at it and see next time it happens. The weird thing is that the shaft was always attached to the cover. I never bothered to check why it was this way as I never looked at the parts breakdown until I realized it might be a problem more than me just not putting it back together properly.

Back
Top Bottom