Help help help help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey there,
Now im sorry for the opening thing but i am in a lot of trouble
ok. So ill start from the start.

So i have my little 29gal and it has been going on great! So
I do the stupid thing and think that Bronze Corydoras are gonna
go well with a Yellow Lab. So i put them in and the Lab leaves
them alone for a while then when they are nnot looking sneaks
up and bites their tail :(. Now they have almost no tail and they
are just not happy. So i set up another tank (30L Im sorry but
there is only two and shrimp will be going into it). I put sand as the
substrate because i know Corys like that and put some rocks
and a big rock that i took out of my big tank but was still moist
when i put it into the other tank so i think that there will still be
good stuff on it. then i went next door and got a filter (Also in
another tank), Heater (Again in another tank). then i put some
moss onto the big rock and some Pennywort. And have done a
couple of tests all good!:D. But the corys Not so good. So i got
my nets and caught them put them into bags and floated them
added water them released them. Now one was so happy to be in
another tank he started scoping the little place out (30L long)
And i was really pleased but the other guy (the more severly injured)
just sat there :(. Then his buddy came over and tried to coax
him to come for a swim. He didnt :(.

So i woke up like 1 hour ago and looked into the tank the other guy
was sitting on the really bad one. Both alive. Test water again all good.
So my question is now what can i do to ensure these two cute little
bundels of joy live?

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Lots of water changes... Super clean water will be key. You can also use some malafix and pimafix mixed together if it starts to look infected.

Here is a picture of my Bronze cory before he died
img_1164479_0_f4d4f311c2d8807f77de6614b2c278fd.jpg

It's an African cichlid (labidochromis caeruleus) that should not be kept with SA fish as frequently advised. Unfortunately, I think you now see evidence for the advice "they may be fine now, but eventually...".

I agree with MFD, clean water will be your best bet. Even if test results are good, do a PWC. He'll heal up fine. Good luck! :)

If you're doing water changes as a treatment, like for fin rot, a fish mauling etc, it's ok to change every day. That clean water is needed to keep the "infections" down and promote healing.

Especially in cases like this. Just like when we're cut bad we have to keep it clean, a fish that has been mauled needs to be kept clean. We can't put gauze pads and neosporin on fish. :)

There are ways to do PWCs without causing much stress. If I'm doing treatment here's what I do. It's more work than using my python to fill the tank, but it seems to be a lot less stressful.

In this situation, I keep my re-fill water ready. If you're filling using buckets (which i do in this case), fill them the night before, add dechlor, have them ready at room temp for the next day. This gives the water a chance to gas out and "age" just a bit. If you have a spare air pump, divide the airline and use air stones in the buckets over night.

I think The Desacrator means that going in and fooling around by taking water out and the splashing around by putting the water in. The stress of doing a PWC is very minor and they get over it quickly, it's more important to change the water. My fish actually seem to like it! They chase the tube and then play in the incoming water.

Yeah my betta loves it. He actually starts jumping out of the water thats how excited he is! I will post a video of feeding him. On a different thread but anyway UPDATE! Doing another water on the little guy. He made the night and has coloured up beautifully.

And thankyou to everyone who has help!

Back
Top Bottom