Help! How can I transport my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MetalHeadX343

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm moving in a week and i'm bringing my aquarium. I have two fish and I don't know where to get little baggies for them and I have to have them out for awhile so I can drain my aquarium and transport them to a location that's only 30 min away. They would probably be out for about 2 hours maybe more because I don't know how long it will take. So please help me :confused:

Just go to your lfs and ask for a couple bags take them home and fill half with water and half air from a pump then I pack them in a cooler bag with a towel so the bags don't fall over this is the method I use cause I buy my fish at a store about 1.5 hrs away and I never lost one also you can use a real ziploc bag not a knockoff and not a slidelock

something you can always do is put them in a 5 gallon bucket filled with 2-3 gallons of tank water then put a lid on it, should give better water quality then a plastic bag.

You can Go to walmart and buy the "bubble box"
A bucket with a closeable top and battery powered air pump to keep the water fresh and oxygenated. The pump also comes seperate from the bucket. its intended purpose is to keep baitfish alive.

You will also need to keep your tanks filter media wet with tank water to keep the bacteria alive so you dont have to recycle

Haha yeah i realized that afterwards. And people ship fish in bags.
That just sounds easiest to me and i would feel safest for my fish with it. And wouldnt have to in a rush to get them out bc you still have to set up the tank in the new place. It might not be totally necessary but i would do it like that

Back
Top Bottom