help! i cant hook up my water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipedreamer86

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there any kind of adapter i can get to make this work
i am extremely upset at this point. I really want this to work.

ForumRunner_20121226_184831.jpg

ForumRunner_20121226_184843.jpg

I had a similar issue. I had to buy a different faucet all together. But they may have an adapter for that.

do you have a hardware store close by? I've taken oddly threaded things to my local Ace, and they've helped me find adapters. Worth a shot...

Yeah i have all the standard harware stores near by. I will see what i can do. Im going to get really upset though if i cant find something. That is a brand newly installed 80$ faucet

Same thing happend to me.i went to lowes to find an adapter but they didnt have any. I can only use my hose to take water out not put it in, sucks.

I'm quite certain a number of adapters can be bought.

You'd be surprised. I had a $250.00 faucet, I dunno some fancy thing the wife wanted (Delta Palo) Needless to say not one adapter worked, fit etc etc etc. even had my plumber come over and we tried everything. The $250.00 faucet went back and now I have one that works just fine from Home Depot. Ahh... The things my wife has to sacrifice for my hobby.

Python makes a brass one you can just clip the changer onto. Makes it easy to connect and disconnect the hose. Hopefully you'll find one that works.

You'd be surprised. I had a $250.00 faucet, I dunno some fancy thing the wife wanted (Delta Palo) Needless to say not one adapter worked, fit etc etc etc. even had my plumber come over and we tried everything. The $250.00 faucet went back and now I have one that works just fine from Home Depot. Ahh... The things my wife has to sacrifice for my hobby.

your funny..lol:ROFLMAO:

I own a small plumbing business. It is hard from the picture to see exactly what that is. If it is a standard faucet, there would be an aerator at the end which unscrews (the aerator may have male or female threads), they make an aerator thread to 3/4 hose thread adaptor which you will only find in a plumbing supply house, specifically a supply house that deals with faucet repair. The faucets with the hose that pulls out from the center you will find no adaptors for since those threads are vendor specific proprietary threads.

I own a small plumbing business. It is hard from the picture to see exactly what that is. If it is a standard faucet, there would be an aerator at the end which unscrews (the aerator may have male or female threads), they make an aerator thread to 3/4 hose thread adaptor which you will only find in a plumbing supply house, specifically a supply house that deals with faucet repair. The faucets with the hose that pulls out from the center you will find no adaptors for since those threads are vendor specific proprietary threads.

That was the problem I had! So I had to get a new faucet.

And this is why I laugh (bitterly) when I see any product that advertises that it is "universal" or "fits any faucet"

That would be the end of my faucet with the aerator screwed off already. It is a male end, the water changer is also a male end. Would A hose adapter work? I can get one from my harware store but i was thinkin that would be too large

Well im happy to say that a simple garden hose adapter did the trick the the water changer works! I must admit though that i am disapointed in the low flow, and weak suction. I know part of it has to do with my poor water pressure, but it was a headache getting it started, and i felt like the vaccum didnt have a lot of pull because of the length of syphon. It will help with my big tank, but my smaller ones i think ill still use the old 5 gallon bucket.

Back
Top Bottom