Help! I have a bully platy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelJones

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a newly established, lightly planted and fully cycled 38 gallon bow front tank that I have been adding three to four fish per week. I started with three females guppies, added one male guppy then added two male platies, 3 harlequin rasboras, 6 cory cats (3 pandas and 3 juliis) and just yesterday I added an additional 3 male platies. One of the original platies is being a bully to the other four platies and will not stop chasing, ramming and nipping at them. Very agressive. Is this normal behavior? The other 4 platies just hide when they aren't being chased and terrorized. I only have one other tank, a 5 gallon with a beautiful betta I don't think I could put the bully in there, could I? Any suggestions other than returning him to stop this aggression?

I would take 3 of the male platies back and trade them in for females. Definitely get rid of the bully, only guaranteed way he won't bother your other fish.

Ok after one murder... I exchanged 3 of the males including the bully for 4 females...only one male in the tank now.

Glad you were able to sort it, I had a molly that was a bully.. it was a female too, which I was told aren't aggressive! Lol

Back
Top Bottom