Help ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuMcc99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone tell me what type of frog this is? Had him for a bit now but couldn't get a good pic of him until now.

image-3104200745.jpg

Not sure how big yours is but they stay pretty small. How big is your tank? A couple things to take into consideration with these guys.... First they have to be able to reach the top of the tsnk to get air so hopefully your tank isn't really tall, second they are generally timid and have poor eyesight so you need to make sure they are being able to get food! I love these guys though they are so cute:)

I would also grab some frog/tadpole food for him. Also make sure you have a good lid. I have found one hopping around on the floor of my store.

He is about 1 to 1.5 incs, is that about how big they get?
Thanks for the heads up about the food I was told that they only need the fish flacks.
Yeah I have a good lid on the tank.

They can get up to about 2.5". You can also feed them frozen brine shrimp or blood worms. They will be healthiest like most fish with a varied diet.

I have been feeding them frozen blood worms and fish flakes, r the other fish ok with the frog food?

Is he by himself? They also like to be in groups. At one point, I only had two. One was thriving, the other hid all the time, to the point I was afraid he was going to starve to death. Now I have 4, and they're all really active, even the shy one. He's still the smallest of the group, but he's gained some weight and looks healthy.
Mine love the frozen shrimp and blood worms. As mentioned, since their eye sight is so bad, they find their food by smell, so they eat much better than when I was only feeding pellets.
My small one is a terrible hunter, can't find food when he's sitting in a pile of it. I'm pretty sure the only things he can eat are the frozen foods, because he can't even find the pellets when they're in front of his face.

Yeah he is by him self in the tank, he seem very active going up and down the tank, but it's funny when he try's to hide tho trying to get in places even water can't, I will have a look for another one to keep him company then.
I do feed them all frozen blood warms about once a week, is not not enough? I was told to give it them as a treat.

I do feed them all frozen blood warms about once a week, is not not enough? I was told to give it them as a treat.

Not necessarily... Mine is just an exceptionally bad hunter, but his friend isn't, has more than doubled in size. I only mention it as something to look out for, as they can be hard to feed. If he looks like he's eating well, I'd say keep doing what you're doing.

Just checking... I've seen them kept in those tiny cube things, it would have been bad advice to cram more friends into one of those!

Back
Top Bottom