Help identifing this fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikey214

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone ! It's been a while but I was wondering if someone can help me ID this fish I have, I have three of them. See attached picture. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• image-1845168801.jpg
    image-1845168801.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1216433349.jpg
    image-1216433349.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 83
  • image-4045406703.jpg
    image-4045406703.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3446897446.jpg
    image-3446897446.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 67
Hello everyone ! It's been a while but I was wondering if someone can help me ID this fish I have, I have three of them. See attached picture. Thanks a lot!

Color morph of a tiger barb.

Tiger barbs CAN absolutely be aggressive.
That explains it , they chased my new neon tetras all over the tank and now they died :/ my water parameters are great it must have been cause of the tiger barbs

Well they might not of helped but I wouldnt blame them unless you see it. Neons die if you look at them wrong. Beautiful little fish but I won't have them again

Sounds like he died due to stress of the chase. Tiger barbs must be kept with more tough species. What size tank?

Sounds like he died due to stress of the chase. Tiger barbs must be kept with more tough species. What size tank?

29 gallons
1 bristle nose pleco
1 white skirt tetra
4 candycanes tetras
3 tiger bards
1 cherry bard

I have to stock back up.
Thinking of adding more white / black skirt tetras but clueless on what else . . . Any suggestions?!?!

29 gallons
1 bristle nose pleco
1 white skirt tetra
4 candycanes tetras
3 tiger bards
1 cherry bard

I have to stock back up.
Thinking of adding more white / black skirt tetras but clueless on what else . . . Any suggestions?!?!

Ok I would choose either the barbs or the tetras first off.
With barbs:
10 tiger barbs
10 cherry barbs
1 bn pleco

Without barbs:
10 whiteskirts
10 candy canes
1 bn

These are just 2 options of course. Whiteskirts are nippy fish as well so you want a large group to minize aggression.

Just an update . . . My stock in my 29 gallon tank is . . .
7 candy cane tetra
5 black neon barbs
4 cherry barbs
1 white skirt tetra
1 ban pleco

Was wondering if anyone can help me out here I noticed all my fish swim and hang out near the bottom of the tank . . . Any fish that dwell and swim on the top of the tank or what's the deal here why are they all swimming around the bottom ?

Back
Top Bottom