Help identifying fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlp02

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone tell me what kind of fish this is? It is the best pic I could get of him. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426120819.117536.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's a black shark and they get HUGE. I've heard they can over 20".

As everyone else has said, black labeo shark. They can get over two feet long and are aggressive. Best for ponds.

As everyone else has said, black labeo shark. They can get over two feet long and are aggressive. Best for ponds.

Agreed. What's size tank is it in right now?

Wow. Ok. I got him with the aquarium when I bought it. It is only a 30 gallon aquarium. He is with other smaller fish and he has never been aggressive. I looked black shark up and that is for sure what he is. Any suggestions on what I should do with him?

Wow. Ok. I got him with the aquarium when I bought it. It is only a 30 gallon aquarium. He is with other smaller fish and he has never been aggressive. I looked black shark up and that is for sure what he is. Any suggestions on what I should do with him?

I'd re-home him. You do not at all have a good set-up for him.

Ok. Thanks. I might look into finding a 100 plus gallon aquarium first if I can find one cheap. I hate to give him away.

Ok. Thanks. I might look into finding a 100 plus gallon aquarium first if I can find one cheap. I hate to give him away.

I know what you mean. Good luck :) You definitely need 100+ gallons, maybe even 200+ gallons. I'm not real familiar with Black Sharks.

You'd need at least a 180 for him and even then it's cramped. Though you might not want to give him away, unless you can build a pond for him it isn't really fair to keep him.

Give him back to the store or let someone who can appropriately house him take him so he will be better off.

You'd need at least a 180 for him and even then it's cramped. Though you might not want to give him away, unless you can build a pond for him it isn't really fair to keep him.

Agreed. I've seen some sites say minimum would be 125g, but that's WAAAY cramped.

Back
Top Bottom