help if you may

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so today i got a 60 gallon tank and rinsed all the sand till the water ran clear like i thought i was supposed to. When i filled up the tank the water was still verryyyyyy cloudy, i cant see 3 in. past the glass. i turned off the filters (should i turn them on?) what can i do to make it clear up?

i have 2 penguin 350 bio filters (says for up to 70 each, does this work?)

Yeah you could try turning the filters on, as long as it's fine particles of sand they shouldn't clog the filter IME

It doesn't look like small particles, its called african cichlid mix

If its empty of fish just turn em off the sand will settle quicker and it won't hurt anything run them and u do run the risk of clogging

New said:
It doesn't look like small particles, its called african cichlid mix

No the sand in the water column. If teyre really fine particles your filters should be ok ime

I think the situation is hopeless. You should probably just abandon the attempt and send the tank (and support equipment) to me :cool: .

Serious: I think the particulate will settle out. If you want to quicken the clarity, you could use some polishing pads or polyfill in your filters to grab the small particulate.

Back
Top Bottom