Help Me!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ady1397

Aquarium Advice Regular
:cry: :cry: I have a 30 Gal tall tank and im pretty sure i have too many fish but any advice would be appreciated.
:cry:
2 x 40Gal Wisper Filters (3 way) More Filtration?
2 x 4inch Air Stones
2 x 10inch Air Bars More Air?
1 14inch Air Bar
Heater set at 74 F Lower Temp??
10 x 1in Assorted (redcap,blackmoore,calico,chocholate,fantail)
2 x 2in Orandas
2 x 3in Rhyukin (1 is a calico)
1 x 3in Black Moore
2 x 2in Plecos
2 x Snails
I have a lot of Fish!! but i have plenty of filtration and air and i keep the water crystal clear..Any suggestions???
There is a lot of bubbles, its BUBBLETASTIC!!!
Do goldfish like current?
The fish usually huddle on the bottom.. are they tiered? too much current from the bubbles?

they do swimm around and since i added all those bubble bars they dont gasp at the surface any more..

Please help.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am no expert but I think you have to many fish. All of those will get bigger. I have a 55gal with six goldfish and a pleco and that seems to be enough. Mine only huddle at the bottom when they are sleeping. You should wait for an expert to tell you what is really wrong though. Just my opinion

There are way too many goldfish in that tank. It is good to have about 10 gallons of water per goldfish because they are huge waste producers. Yours are small for now, but you are going to run into much bigger problems once they start to grow. If you have common Plecos, those are going to be way to big as well, they can get up to 24 inches each in some varieties. The Plecos are big waste produces as well. Full grown, you would want about a 150 gallon tank for all of those fish, and likely something even larger with at least two large canister filters.

Most goldfish do not like high current, and bubbles can cause stress in fish from my experience. Adding more bubble bars because the fish can not breathe is covering up one problem and causing another. You need to get rid of some of the fish first, then get rid of some of the bubble bars. Three or four Goldfish depending on the type and one smaller variety of Pleco would be good for a 30g.

Welcome to AA btw!

there are definitely two many fish in your tank. As to the current thing my to fantails love to play in the current of the filter. I only have one filter on it but they actually go to that side just to swim against the current.

Way too many fish. 10 gallons per adult goldfish is about right. Fancy goldfish do not like currents, thats probably why they are sitting at the bottom. They have to work extra hard with large round bodies and weak fins. Comets and bristols like a little current. Good circulation can be achieved without a lot of bubbles or current. That many fish you will need lots and lots of water changes. Any fantail will show signs of stress with poor fin quality and swim bladder problems. On the plus side the ryukins are very hardy. Good Luck

thanx for the input..... :)

I do like Rhyukins the best so im glad they are the hardiest... :mrgreen:

They do swim around a lot though!?!?!even with all the current

confusion central!! :p :p :?: :p :p

i posted on your other topic on this... but i will say again goldfish need at least 10 gal per fish and plecos grow BIG like 2 feet long..and both produce LOTS of waste..

what are your ammonia levels? and do you do daily water changes b/c of the ammount of fish you have?

i check ammonia often and I never let it get too bad...
i do try to take good care of my fish...

ill take ur advice and do daily water changes 15-20 percent...

thanx :D

Back
Top Bottom