Help me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angreelo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello guys and gals,

I am a pretty new aquarium enthusiast. I was able to adquire a full cycled aquarium from a friend with all its gadgets and some fish. Today I bought 6 rummynose. I introduced them to the tank gradually as instructed by getting the fish used to the tanks temp. and ph levels. Five of the six purchased are doing greant and seem very happy. However one of the little guys does not seem too good. He is is laying on his side occasionally swiming. At first he was doing well. I believe this guy is dying on me... What can i do to help him. PH is withing range according to the fish preference in multiple sites and the temp is within range as well.

Someone please advice. =) Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. Transporting and adding fish to a tank are very stressful to the fish...and losses can happen. how long has the tank been running? what size is the tank and what is the stocking? how are you testing the water? do you know the readings for ammonia/nitrites/nitrates?

Thanks for replying.

It's a 55 gallon planted tank. The tank has been up and running for over a year. I've had it for about 2 months but I did not restart the whole cycle. I have about 20-25 small fish.

Tha ammoia, nitrite, and nitrate were reading at 0ppm, ph at 6.8.

I think your tank needs to cycle again. You will need to keep checking ammonia and probably do frequent water changes. Are you using a liquid test kit or the strips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom