Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Exclamation help me !

So I've recently been setting up my aquarium, but I've hit a little snag. I know this is a topic that has been bounced around quite a bit but I'm really hoping someone can give me the definite answer I need . I've been looking at some aquascapes lately, particularly mustafa erdogar's "plateau" aquascapes, and I was wondering if anyone knew how he made those pine trees. I've collected some small branches and have a lot of java moss I'd like to use , but I want to know the best way to create that look first. Also, if I start with the DSM, will the moss still grow with regular misting?
Thanks a bunch

Marcus

Old 11-07-2016, 10:17 PM   #2

sorry no idea about the pine trees but my advice would be not to put random stuff in your tank and if you do make sure you bleach it and clean it thoroughly. what type of aquascape are you going for? like a mini pine tree forest? that actually sounds pretty cool and i would love to see pics when your done.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:09 PM   #3

It's coming along! Here is an updated picture, tell me what you guys think. I also purchased Althernanthera reineckii 'Mini', but im not sure where i could place it and it would look good. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Not sure how to upload pics on here so i had to post my picture to some random file share online haha Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Old 11-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Looked alright I thought. Would be interesting to see in tank when all setup.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:44 PM   #5

Hope you like how it's looking so far!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0586.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	290806   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0587.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	290807  

Tags
help me

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com