Help me choose please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J1Time

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am starting a new tank. Looking to stay in the 5-10 gallon range. The tank will be a planted on and sit on my nightstand. I am looking at the flu all spec series. Is there any advantage to these over the typical 10 gallon box? It seems the filter options on the typical 10g far out preform the Spec

You should get a bigger tank. Bigger is always better and your fish will need room to grow.

Aesthetics mostly in regards to the Fluval Spec. Visible from 3 sides. No visible filter, heater, pipes, tubing, and cords. I think there is space in the filter area for a heater. Not sure. Okay for low light plants. If you are doing shrimp, you may have to mod the intakes with mesh. Might be too much flow for a betta.
Yes, better/more options with a typical 10g. Probably save some $$$ selecting your own components.
There are folks here with some nice Spec setups using stock items.

Spec iii sits on night stand nicely. But is pretty small and very limited as far a stocking. Spec v will open up more doors. But if you want a couple of plants and some shrimp it a good option for 52 bucks.

The upgraded lights do seem like they will grow.

Back
Top Bottom