Help Me Decide!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scottyhorse said:
:lol: I get it. I want clean water too. On my soon to be 29 gal tank, I am going to have 2 German Blue Rams, 6 Orange Von Rio Tetras, 6 Furcata Rainbow Fish. Then I'll have a couple of Nerite Snails, and some shrimp. What size of filter would you suggest?

If you have a brand preference good for you! Almost all brands have4-5 different sizes of the same exact filter. Marineland is good aquaeon is good(sorry for the spelling) and just get the filter that is around the 175-200 gph(gallons per hour) and you should be set!

THIS DOES NOT RELEVE YOU FROM THOSE WEEKLY WATER CHANGES!!!!

If you have a brand preference good for you! Almost all brands have4-5 different sizes of the same exact filter. Marineland is good aquaeon is good(sorry for the spelling) and just get the filter that is around the 175-200 gph(gallons per hour) and you should be set!

THIS DOES NOT RELEVE YOU FROM THOSE WEEKLY WATER CHANGES!!!!

Oh trust me. I do water changes a lot. Sometimes three a week! :D And that dang algae......

Scottyhorse said:
Oh trust me. I do water changes a lot. Sometimes three a week! :D And that dang algae......

I have no problem with algae as I keep bristlenose plecos and they keep the tank spotless! In a 29 gal you could do 2 but that's pushing it. I would do only 1 in a 29

I have no problem with algae as I keep bristlenose plecos and they keep the tank spotless! In a 29 gal you could do 2 but that's pushing it. I would do only 1 in a 29

I don't think that I would do a bristlenose, since they get soo big. I would like to do some sort of algae eater, maybe one that stays 3-4".... Anyone have ideas?

Scottyhorse said:
I don't think that I would do a bristlenose, since they get soo big. I would like to do some sort of algae eater, maybe one that stays 3-4".... Anyone have ideas?

Reg bristles stay 5-6" while albino stay usually around the 3-4" mark

Bump Bump

I have been thinking, and I noticed that the 37 gal kit is only a few dollars more than the 29 gallon one. If I got the 37 what could I add to my stock?

2 German Blue Rams
6 Orange Von Rio Tetras
6 Furcata Rainbow Fish
a few nerite snails and some shrimp

A fish in cycle can be done, sure. But like one person said, how can you know if your fish is fine? You never know!!

oh, and I saw this and had to comment on it:

You CAN in fact know that your fish is OK, you know they are OK by providing them with good water conditions. You provide them with good water conditions in a fish-in cycle by cycling responsibly. If they are not well in good water, something else is wrong with them, and your cycle has nothing to do with it. However, fish-in cycling DOES take dedication. You normally need to do water changes every day. If you don't do water changes every day, then it can have a negative impact on your fish.

I think that with that upgrade you could increase your current schools to 9-10 in each school, or you could add another small school of fish.

I think I might want to add another school of fish. What would you suggest? You're like the fish expert, I trust your opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom