Help me stock my 50 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to Big Al's here.
I have to admit it's the nicest fish store ever, Nicest store ever actually.
Remember when you went to your first BassproShops store and couldn't beleive how nice of a fishing tackle store it was, or your first sports authority and couldn't beleive there was a store that nice looking made just for sports,
well this is exactly the same thing but for us aquariasts. The prices on their tanks are a bit much, well no, their stands. THey are definitely nice but I don't need anything that nice, I want the attention on the tank and fish.

But their fish selection is impeccable. All thier african's are labeled by name and size and the staff actually specialized int eh fish they sold, LIke the guy I spoke to sounded like one of you guys talking . INcredible. They sell yellow cichlids that only grow 2 inches and another that only grows 4. and the ones that are really really little and go with community tanks for 4 dollars. I love this place. I'll let you know more when I start stocking.

I'm taking my water ... my tank water and my tap water to the store for free water tests. I'll let you guys know.

I could only imagine going to a Big Al's or That Fish Place brick and morder store.. Before the internet they were some of the good mail order stores as well..
They should be able to give you an oppinion about stocking based on your tapwater as well.. you could share that info with us as well!
Sounds Great! :mrgreen:

I would love to have a Big Als here in my corner of Illinois. Would save me so much money on shipping charges!! Plus, I'm sure that they can order any fish for you that they do not have. I tried to order some from my lfs, however, their distributor doesn't carry them. <sigh>

I envy those with Big Als and That Fish Place in their neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom