Help me with My Eagle Scout Project.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Dear Aquarium advice Members,

I have been a long time aquarist.

I have also been a long time Boy Scout, and am avidly working towards getting my eagle Rank. I have been approved to build a 125 gallon fish tank for a local life science classroom. As we all know aquariums are not cheep and i am looking for donations to build this fantastic addition and teaching tool for this local group of kids.

All help is very much appreciated, if you can't donate, tell someone who can help. Thank you
Happy tanking.

https://www.gofundme.com/stephen-seaglescouttank

Last edited:
Great project. Have you tried your local fish stores and Craigslist? I bet you could get a lot of equipment donations.

Stephen,

Keep up the good work my friend. I am a fellow Eagle Scout. One of my proudest accomplishments. Just made a donation.

I will ask however, who plans on the upkeep for the tank when you are gone? As you know, tanks require a lot of maintenance, and there must be someone who is dedicated to the hobby to make sure the fish have happy lives.

Stephen,

Keep up the good work my friend. I am a fellow Eagle Scout. One of my proudest accomplishments. Just made a donation.

I will ask however, who plans on the upkeep for the tank when you are gone? As you know, tanks require a lot of maintenance, and there must be someone who is dedicated to the hobby to make sure the fish have happy lives.

Thanks for the question, i will be doing maintenance on the tank for the first few months, along with training some people how to do the upkeep. It helps that the superintendent and Principal are long time aquarists.

I wish I could help. That sounds like an awesome project. I'm Eagle Scout myself. Great work.

Back
Top Bottom