Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help me with my mystery snail eggs

Iv had my eggs for a little over 2 weeks i dont know if they are healthy or not, please help me out! Are they on the right track to harching?

Old 04-17-2019, 02:48 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Pictures would help. If they were laid in a clump above the water surface and are not white or fuzzy they are probably just about ready to hatch, but Tmaier is the snail expert here from what I've seen

Old 04-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Earthmother is spot on. Let them be for at least 4 weeks. They can get a bit dark grey and slimy looking before they hatch. If they donít hatch in 4 weeks they are definitely not fertile.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Here is a photo of the snail eggs, hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1CE2F727-63F4-4B1E-A361-5F2663B019CD.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	312679  
Old 04-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

They look good,where/how are you keeping them?
Old 04-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have a tupperware container with water as a base, holes in the lid with the eggs on top, and a second container over that as a dome, with air holes half way up the dome and the wet papertowl u can see in the pic. And the setup is on top my tanks light for small heat to creat condensation/humidity
Old 04-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just make sure the eggs do stay moist-not wet. I've always left mine on the side of the tank where they were laid and just made sure to mist them when they looked dry so I can't add much more about your setup. The only thing I can think to add is you may have to assist them once they start hatching - for me this is simple as most just hatch and drop into the tank but if there seems to be a large number of unhatched eggs remaining after a few hours I will GENTLY crumble.the remaining egg cases against the tank side. I may lose a few but most just drop down to join their siblings
Old 04-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Awesome ! Thanks so much! And i would leave them go but i found them on the inside of my filter lid, somehow the little bugger got in there layed them then got back in my tank, and plus my fish would gobble the babies right up. I intend to get a floating ďhatcheryĒ for them to grow in once they hatch. Again thats a bunch!!!

Tags
egg, eggs, help me, mystery, mystery snail, snail, snail eggs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com