HELP my 55g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shutson06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm still such a newb, but this site has helped so much! Well I feel kinda...Idk ripped off I'm trying to plant my tank well before I add fish(although I have 3 Dalmatian mollies gf got anxious) and I've spent about 150 at my PETCO and only have 14 plants and 2 moss patches (that I haven't had time to tie to the driftwood). And I come across azgardens.com and oh my gosh!!! Plant packs are sooo nice looking and you can get like almost 100 plants for a out what I've already spent =/ ugh.

So my question is...Do you think I should take the plants I have now and put them in my 20g tank that only has 4 plants? And order a nice plant kit for my future gourami centerpiece with my small fish schools? Or should I leave it how it is? I really like the plant packs but I don't know if it is safe to be moving plants from my practically empty 55g to my fully stocked 20g(been tuning about 2.5 years just never got into the hobby until recently). Will it mess up any cycle or stress the fish? Should I do anything to them?

ForumRunner_20120614_173925.jpg

It may stress out the fish in your 20 for awhile but I'm guessing you don't have any really picky fish. Move all the plants you like or have room for into your 20 gallon and keep the rest or throw the rest out, it's really your call. It shouldn't mess anything up though! Just dirty your water for abit when you plant them!
Goodluck!

Ok thanks just hope me being in there and planting them doesn't stress them too much.

Back
Top Bottom