Help! My Kribensis is confusing me! Female? Male?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolffa83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So a few months ago I bought two Kribs from my lfs and took home what I thought was a male and a female. She was all about him but he wanted nothing to do with her. He passed after an unfortunate ich outbreak but she lasted through it. So after a month of waiting to make sure my tank was healthy again, I bought her a new beau. Well she attacked him immediately and was relentless with him and he was dead by the morning. After more research and advice from the lfs, I bought another female and a male. My original Krib (I call her OG) chased this new male away but did the spawning dance for the female. My fiancée thought OG looked more male than she used to but I didn't think he was right (I know fish and other animal species can changed sex; in fact I had a Molly do it) but I just didn't see it. But now that it's been a few weeks, I'm doubting myself. I need help! The 2 "females" are doing everything I've seen/read in regards to spawning behavior. Please look at the photos and tell me what you think. Any input is appreciated!
Ps-after looking at the pictures, she looks female to me still. But what's up with the weird behavior:facepalm:

Here is a video. Pictures were too big to download. And excuse the air conditioner!

I just uploaded a video. The one with the purple coloring is the Krib in question

Back
Top Bottom