Help my paradise fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Dont know whats wrong with my paradise fish. :(.
It hasnt really moved all day. It just seems to sit on the bottom corner at the back :(.

image-1573515196.jpg

image-3953084357.jpg

image-3402198435.jpg
Please help

are there any other symptoms? could it be being bullied or harrassed by other tank mates? is it eating? is it possible that anything could've spooked it?

blackmolly said:
are there any other symptoms? could it be being bullied or harrassed by other tank mates? is it eating? is it possible that anything could've spooked it?

I cant see any other symptoms.
And i spose it could be being bullied by the other paradise fish but i havent seen anything like that.and no its not eating :(. And i domt think so my bedroom door is always shut when i leave. And im always carefull not to spooke my fish

Ive never had a paradise fish efore, but his/her fins looked clamped in the photos above

ok, so what are your water parameters? do you have a test kit? when was your last water change?

blackmolly said:
ok, so what are your water parameters? do you have a test kit? when was your last water change?

I need to buy another test kit tomo. Coz i was about to do one and then i droped it :(. So il get on tomo and test it. And last week on friday.
Ive got to do one tomo

We still need to know about the tank size and tankmates.
Since you don't have a test kit, I suggest you do a 50% pwc and see if he perks up a bit. If you have more than 1 paradise fish, bullying could be a factor, but that wouldn't necessarily lead to the clamped fins.

absolutangel04 said:
We still need to know about the tank size and tankmates.
Since you don't have a test kit, I suggest you do a 50% pwc and see if he perks up a bit. If you have more than 1 paradise fish, bullying could be a factor, but that wouldn't necessarily lead to the clamped fins.

Ok i have a 90 litre tank (20 gallons) wich has 4 platies, 2 apple snails, 10 pond snails, 5zebra danios, 4 american flag fish. And 3 paradise fish.
I know i shouldnt have 3 but i need my brother to get his tank sortedso i can give on to him.
But they havent bullied it or eachother plus i have 3 loaches

Ok i have a 90 litre tank (20 gallons) wich has 4 platies, 2 apple snails, 10 pond snails, 5zebra danios, 4 american flag fish. And 3 paradise fish.
I know i shouldnt have 3 but i need my brother to get his tank sortedso i can give on to him.
But they havent bullied it or eachother plus i have 3 loaches
what type of loaches?

Yeah, do a big pwc and see what happens. Honestly, I wouldn't put my money on no bullying happening. Fish have away of doing it when you aren't watching them. 3 in that tank with all the other things is really too much IMO. But, you already know that and are trying to fix it, so thats good.
Let us know if he perks up any after the pwc. What is your usual pwc schedule? He is the only fish showing issues, right?

That's A LOT of fish you have there. The sooner you can test the water the better. I'd advise twice weekly 50% PWC. The paradise fish is probably very stressed from over crowding and poor water that comes with over stocked tanks.

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, do a big pwc and see what happens. Honestly, I wouldn't put my money on no bullying happening. Fish have away of doing it when you aren't watching them. 3 in that tank with all the other things is really too much IMO. But, you already know that and are trying to fix it, so thats good.
Let us know if he perks up any after the pwc. What is your usual pwc schedule? He is the only fish showing issues, right?

It depends on how much time i have. It varies from 1-2 a week i always do 50% or i try and do more if i have more time and yea

Mumma.of.two said:
That's A LOT of fish you have there. The sooner you can test the water the better. I'd advise twice weekly 50% PWC. The paradise fish is probably very stressed from over crowding and poor water that comes with over stocked tanks.

I love my fish :(. I really dont wanna get rid of any :'(

Back
Top Bottom