HELP! MY RAINBOW SHARK IS AGGRESSIVE AND tRYING TO NIP AT ALL MY TANK FISH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DWN MARIE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I took him out and put him in a 10 gallon tank. I am researching and need to put him in a bigger tank. What kind of fish is compatible with this psycho:banghead: shark?? He's killed a few of my fish that are in a 75 gallon tank.

Generally Rainbow Sharks like to choose and defend an area of the tank against bottom dwellers. They, in my experience, generally leave mid-top dwellers alone.

Yeah my rainbow shark can be fairly aggressive to other tank mates but has never gone to the point of killing a tank mate... I'm afraid that you need to rehome your shark as once a fish has become aggressive there is not much that you can do to make them less aggressive. Either try to rehome him or set up a separate tank for him. Hope this helps.

I have an Albino rainbow shark. Prob about 4-5in he's in a community 55. With a whole lot a stuff. He chases around like everyone of em. Never seen him nip though, only "mess with". He constantly does it but only in a playful seeming manner

Back
Top Bottom