Help Needed: Petsmart Tounge Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Concubine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
today i went to petsmart. i made the cardinal sin of fishkeeping: i bought on impulse. what i got was called a tounge fish. i don't know if this is the real name or not. i can't find out much info on them. all i know is they eat frozen b-worms, they scavage through the sand for bits of food, they need a sand substrate, and they are like large flounders. i didn't know whether or not it needed salt. he is about 3 in and he is either always on the sand or on the glass. please help because i have know idea what to do with it in the future. Thanks

Hmmm. Can you get a pic of your fish? Try going to liveaquaria.com and trying to see if your fish matches any pictures from that website. Hope this helps.

it was in freshwater at psmart, if that means anything. although i doubt that they know what their doing with any real intensity over ther

I have seen them many times at PetsMart, unfortunately. They are very tricky to keep alive. Menagerie has kept them.

it was in freshwater at psmart, if that means anything.
Nope. You have yourself a brackish fish :wink: I have a BW tank for bb gobies, Celebes rainbows and "freshwater flounder."

LFS just down the road from me currently has two of them....I have liked them for quite a while, but just don't have a tank for them right now....even at $10 each.

Back
Top Bottom