Help? No water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gena575

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm having a bit of a crisis today. I started in on water changes, got 2 tanks emptied about 40%. Went to start refilling and NO WATER! Crap! Of course it was over the lunch hour so no one was at the village hall. I just got through to them and the dang state busted our main while they were doing road work a few miles from here. Double crap! So, who knows when we'll have water again. "Should be before dark" according to the lady at the village hall. But once we do have water, we'll be under a boil water order. Soo now what the heck do I do? Buy drinking water to refill the tanks and change the kH/gH/pH most likely? Get some water from my in-laws (again with different params)? Put in boiled water? Use tap water during the boil water order? Wait it out? The filters are still running, heaters are submerged so no immediate danger to the biofilter. Crap. I just wanted to do my water changes

I would either purchase water or use it from your in-laws. Your in-laws water should not be that much different from yours unless you are driving quite a distance to get it.

Fishyfanatic said:
I would either purchase water or use it from your in-laws. Your in-laws water should not be that much different from yours unless you are driving quite a distance to get it.

Thier water comes from the same resevior, but a different company treats it so the kH/gH/pH are different, but not drastically so. We live about 10 miles from them, but in a different town.

Go for it - maybe if you added it back slowly that would help - sort of like a long drawn out acclimation process
I can only imagine what you're going through ! Talk about bad timing ... hopefully it all works out soon ... keep us posted

You shouldn't have a problem. Just add jugs of water to the tank at a slow pace. Don't dump it all in at once. Have you tried testing their levels?

Back
Top Bottom