Help on my stocking issue? Too many bottom feeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navalsailor

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I am building a freshwater setup that includes a 55 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump(that includes a plant refrigium.) So my question is on the fish ill be adding. I have four nearly matured sized cichlids, a sydontisis featherfin squeaker, a matured blue crawfish, and a bristlenose pleco. Now I already have own all these for a long time ,but my little brother has a 10 gallon tank and wants to add his two cory cats and another bluecraw fish. Would this be too many bottom feeders?

Two bluecraws will fight probably and most likely your Cory's will be killed depending on the cichlid species.

There are thousands of different species of african cichlids and hundreds that are commonly found in the trade.

Are they Mbuna, Peacocks, Tanganyikans, or Victorian? The difference is actually really important as to what you can stock with them and what they need as far as tank and stocking partners. Maybe if you post some pictures we can help you ID them.

they are all from lake malawi. I cant remember the specific names at the top of my head though

Again there are hundreds of cichlids in lake malawi. Post afew pics or do a google image search for their names. Either way there arn't many that wont have a bump into a wondering cory in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited:
one yellow electric(male), one kenyi (probably female), and two Maingano(male and female), :p

Back
Top Bottom