Help Ordering Fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clay16

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want a new fish(s) but all of my lfs here have to boring or common of fish that im interested in... im looking to get a Hillstream Loach or something unique like that. i know i can order it myself online but i have never done that and im nervous of the quality etc of the fish i get sent.

My question is do most lfs order special request usually, if i made a decision on something?

Thank you

Yes most do special orders but all of them have different suppliers or store policy on special orders. Some stores will have access to certain fish and others may not.

If you cant get the fish you want then call another lfs and ask for special orders. Online ordering is pretty safe but you dont know if its the fish is correctly identified and you dont get to see what youre getting until you see it. Even returns seem kind of long and hard.

I remember getting told by a LFS owner that if they didn't have something I wanted they would order it. We were talking about substrate at the time but it wouldn't hurt to ask. You never know what can come from asking a question.

Well, the CAN order something, but they are subject to random availability too. It's basically a lottery sometimes.

I got my mudskipper by asking if my lfs could order fish for me. Just ask and if they say they cant then no harm done but if they can you save yourself $20 in shipping.

i more than likely will ask tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom