Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

HELP! OVERWHELMED WITH STOCKING 60 gallon

Any help/ideas anybody could give me would be SO appreciated. I currently have a fully cycled 60 gallon long tank. 2 Marineland Penguin 350's. Artificial plants.

I currently have 6 male fancy tail guppies and am now ready to start slowly adding more fish.

I've done a ton of research and have narrowed down the following fish as ones I would like to add. Please help with how many of each, and or any recommendations for any other fish or replacements you think would work. I feel like a kid in a candy shop every time I start doing research. I want almost every fish I see! Anyone else have this problem?

Interested in:

Rummy nose tetra
Cory cats
Cardnial tetra
dwarf gourami
pearl gourami
bolivian ram

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Old 05-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Not 100% but the gourami might fight with each other

Old 05-03-2019, 05:22 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would go with 1 gourami the pearl would be my choice I had 1 and they are beautiful fish. Cory cats would look great as bottom dwellers you would also get a good group in your tank which looks really good. You could probably get more than one good sized shoal in their as well. Cardinal tetra isn't something I've kept so I can't comment on them, but they are pretty fish to look at.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My choices would be 4-6 pearl gouramis, 6-8 Cory's and the rest rummynose.

Tags
60 gallon, gallon, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com