Help!!! pH levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello guys I have high pH levels and I am scared that my fish are not going to make it. It's at 7.7! Liveaquaria.com says my fish should be between 6.0 and 7.0

I would suggest using vinegar. Try going online and looking for the perfect solution for whatever you need to lower it at.
I don't think vinegar has much of an inconvenient side so yeah:)

Hello guys I have high pH levels and I am scared that my fish are not going to make it. It's at 7.7! Liveaquaria.com says my fish should be between 6.0 and 7.0

They will most likely adjust. What kind of fish?

what type of fish do you have. My 55 gallon is always at 8.0 and my fish seem happy. I have tiger barbs, giant danios, a couple of golden loaches. It's more important to have a stable ph rather than high and low swings..

Don't sweat it. Test your tap water because that will ultimately determine what your tank ph will be. I'm at 7.8 and everyone is happy. Consistency is more important than the level of ph as long as your not at 9! If you store the tap water for a week before you do a water change, it can gas out and lower the ph slightly, but don't add anything to adjust it. it's a waste of time and money. Go with it. Pwc's are going to determine your ph.

Don't bother messing with the pH, keeping it stable's what's important.

Don't sweat it. Test your tap water because that will ultimately determine what your tank ph will be. I'm at 7.8 and everyone is happy. Consistency is more important than the level of ph as long as your not at 9! If you store the tap water for a week before you do a water change, it can gas out and lower the ph slightly, but don't add anything to adjust it. it's a waste of time and money. Go with it. Pwc's are going to determine your ph.

Ok cool thanks guys.. I was just wanting to make sure they are ok.

My serpaes and corys are thriving at a pH of 8.2, like everyone else said, a stable pH is much more important than swinging back and forth to acheive an "ideal" pH.

Back
Top Bottom