help please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herbzIOW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone tell me the common name for a l127 ancisrtini please. Can't find it anywhere!

This is the best picture I can get at the moment

ForumRunner_20121116_214312.jpg

I have seen this but is does not say a common name which is what I am asking for

Na that's just it's number like l191 is a royal plec

Looks like a Rio-Negro Pleco. Look on live aquaria in the pleco section because I'm pretty sure that species is there

That's not true. There is many plecs out there with an L number that have a common name as well as a Latin name

I stand corrected. I am not a Pleco guy by any means. This was my understanding. :oops:

All discovered plecos have L numbers, not all L numbers have common names, but most that are available for aquariums do have common names mostly for sales purposes and to make it easier for the home aquarists

Yes that was my understanding of it. It was sold to me as an L127 leopard plec. Everywhere I've looked matches the L number to the picture but I can't find any evidence of the common name being a leopard plec

I was just hoping someone who knows a Lil bit more than me about plecs could either conform this or tell me the real one if indeed it has one. :)

I would say its not a leopard plec because of the stripes. Does look very similar to the rio negro like the other guy said

I'll have to look it up. The bloke may of miss sold it to me

Not sure on that one Zimmanski? The Rio negro is l135 and is striped from head to tail where as the one I've got is definitely L125 according to planet catfish and is striped up to the back of the head and then the head is leopard print

I by absolutely no means am a pleco expert, I don't even consider myself a novice haha. I just looked up pictures of leopard plecos and it looked very different to me but if I'm wrong then I wrong haha

That's because common plecs are sold as leopard plecs too. Someone has posted a link to planet catfish above. This is the right fish. It just doesn't say a common name. Have a look. :)

Back
Top Bottom