Help Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigBAWZ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know there are different responses that can come from this...but i want to know for my specific situation. I have a 40 gallon tank (36x18x17) with a Fluval 306 canister filter, and a 300 watt aqueon heater. I have 3 plants in my tank and plan to get more. As of right now, i have 9 almost full grown guppies and 3 small zebra danios. i know i can fit a good bit of fish but i wanted to know around the number. I am hoping to get a variety of fish i really don't want all one or two kinds of species. I do about a %15 water change every week, so i maintain my fish quite well. Please if you would let me know about how many fish i can house it would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time. :fish2:

Have you looked at aquadvisor.com. You can load in your tank size and filter, then choose from the list of fish they provide. Towards the bottom they give you stocking percentage and some compatability notes. Is a basic reference but pretty cool. OS.

Have you looked at aquadvisor.com. You can load in your tank size and filter, then choose from the list of fish they provide. Towards the bottom they give you stocking percentage and some compatability notes. Is a basic reference but pretty cool. OS.

+1 to that.. I took the liberty of getting it started for you here:

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

There's no simple answer to your question. It really depends on what kind of fish you put in there.... how big they'll get and how much waste they produce, are they better in schools? If so, whats a minimum amount? How active are they? etc.

Here is one of the sites I use when researching the fish I want to add to my tank. Its pretty useful.
Aquarium Tropical Fish, Freshwater Fish for the Aquarium, Fish Information and Fish Pictures

Back
Top Bottom