Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello people I have 120 liter tropical fish tank I have about 20 fish guppies male and female Molly's balloon Molly's and 2 plecs what other fish can I put in with them with lots of colour and all so I've had a few guppies that was pregnant but befor giving birth they died not really to sure why I have checked all water and all seem to be fine so not really to sure why they have died and how often do I have to do a water change I've had my tank set up for about 6 weeks can you helps out please thanks Russell

Hello people I have 120 liter tropical fish tank I have about 20 fish guppies male and female Molly's balloon Molly's and 2 plecs what other fish can I put in with them with lots of colour and all so I've had a few guppies that was pregnant but befor giving birth they died not really to sure why I have checked all water and all seem to be fine so not really to sure why they have died and how often do I have to do a water change I've had my tank set up for about 6 weeks can you helps out please thanks Russell
So that's roughly 36 gal? I'd say you are well overstocked as it is, guppys are lil poop machines and breed like crazy, what kind of Pleco? They can get huge and not to mention are super poopers!what kind of Pleco?

Plecostomus and I've only got 6 guppies 4 female and 2 male
Yes a Pleco but what kind? Common? Rubber lip? Bristle nose? How many mollies? They get pretty large too. Do you have driftwood for the Pleco's?

Hmm not really to sure mate I think it's a common one but could be wrong and I have about 11 Molly's that's with the balloon ones Aswell

And noon don't as I've been told it changes the water colour and it's hard to get it clear again

Ok so a few things, Pleco's really need driftwood in their diet, but seeing as they're commons which can reach 20-24" you should prob take them back and get a bristle nose or rubber lip as they stay at a reasonable size for your tank, and just a bit of wood will do.you can boil and soak it to relieve tannins that could temporarily stain your water yes.

Ok so I need to get some wood on there for them and what about the guppies that have died befor giving birth do you know about that mate and how often doin have to water change ?

Ok so I need to get some wood on there for them and what about the guppies that have died befor giving birth do you know about that mate and how often doin have to water change ?
Think about swapping those Pleco's to my man, they may not appear to be growing but they will continue to grow internally which is called "stunted" and will most likely kill them. How long has your tank been running? Are you testing parameters? Amm,nitrites/trates?

Yes they are growing mate they are much bigger now than when I bought them 2-3 weeks ago and about 5-6 weeks been set up haven't done a water change yet and yes I have and all seem to be fine not to high

Check out cycling your tank, if you haven't changed water in that long most likely your fish are dying from ammonia poisoning, I'd strongly advise doing some research, best of luck

Back
Top Bottom