Help please - missing corydoras!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShellBeaumont

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I've just joined so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right!!

I seem to have a problem with losing my corydoras! A month or so ago in my smaller tank I lost one of my panda corys, I took everything out of the tank and looked through the gravel but it was nowhere to be found! There was no fish body outside the tank either.

I've just looked in my new bigger tank and I can't see one of my melini corys. I have prodded the ornaments and I don't think it has burrowed in the sand. I'm worried one of my other fish has eaten it. The Fish I have now are pretty much the same as when my panda went missing.
I have:
2 other melini corys
2 peppered corys
5 mollys (2 male 3 female)
1 female Siamese fighter
1 small female bristlenose pleco
2 male guppies

any help would be great!!

My filter is a corner one that sits tight against the glass so there's no chance of him hiding there :(

It's not uncommon for fish to eat on a dead fish. Also if you have snails they will eat off one. We had a cory go missing about a month ago in one of the smaller tanks and last week when we had to move the tank we took out the couple of rocks and found the cory dead inside a hole he obviously got into and couldn't get out of.

Oh no :( I recently bought a new ornament that has got a couple of smallish holes in it! I'll check that! I didn't have this ornament when the panda went missing though.... strange!!

No I don't have any snails, my female betta always looks quite evil so I've been suspecting her lol. This cory was about as big as her though.

mystery solved - just lifted the ornament and found my cory dead behind it :( gutted

Sorry you lost it but you have to watch anything with holes or crevices can cause cory's, loaches, and such to get stuck while investigating and poking around them.

Yeah I had beautiful lace rock that I had to remove bc a Cory died in one of the craters. Sorry for your loss

Back
Top Bottom