Help please, Mixed opinions Discus community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

treemanone2003

Aquarium Advice Addict
Recently I have liquidated some stock from a 75 to other people wanting free fish. Gave away (11 in all) assorted Tetras. Currently it is still a little much (imo) that we have left. 8 Discus, 3 Angels, 1 Bala, 1 Glofish, 1 Ghost Cat, that will all stay as of now. Going are 1 Buenos Aires, and 4 Rainbow Tetras for sure! This will leave the "unsure how to proceed with" others. 3 small Plecos, largest maybe an 1-1/2", 1 sucker, again an 1" maybe? and although I never see them, 2 Peacock Eels.

I cannot set up another tank at all right now and want to keep the PE in the 75 but have "heard" that I shouldn't feed the PE ghost shrimp b/c they are bad for the digestive track of the Discus. True or not? And that they are surviving b/c they get what's leftover of the frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. I'd appreciate any help on this topic as I am not that experienced as I would like to be.

The other set up that is currently running is a 40 with a 9" Red Devil. And we all know nothing else can or will go in there!!!! Thanks for all the input! :thanks:

1. Are ghost shrimp bad for the digestive track of the Discus?
2. Are the Peacock Eels surviving on the leftover frozen brine shrimp/blood worms?
3. Can I feed my RD earthworms and crickets?
4. Is the Cichlid Gold (red package) more than enough for my RD?

I don't know anything about the red devils. But as far as ghost shrimp go, my discus were never even interested in my ghosties. (i put a few in there to feed my rope fish) I've never heard of them being bad for their digestive tract and I know of several people who put them in discus tanks. Including my lfs. And I'd say probably so on the surviving on leftovers thing.

Back
Top Bottom