Help power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't feed the fish!

I would blow into the tanks periodically. I haven't had the power out for a long time before, I hope it would go back on for you soon.

Do you have air bubblers? Put one in every tank. This will keep the fish alive until your power comes back on, unless its off for many days. If you don't have any, go out and buy some! It could very well save your fish.

Thank you both. Luckily, it is back on, despite estimates it would be 24 hours. We are having temperatures above 100. I have 1 emergency bubbler, but just used it for an emergency fry home and of course drained the battery 3 days ago. It takes 2 batteries and, of course, I only have one. Will stock up tomorrow like everyone else here caught with their pants down. I couldn't have gone tonight because my garage door is electronic and have no way of opening it.

I have 3 tanks running so I better order 2 more emergency bubblers!

Gave me quite a scare.

Thanks so much for your quick responses.

Thank you both. Luckily, it is back on, despite estimates it would be 24 hours. We are having temperatures above 100. I have 1 emergency bubbler, but just used it for an emergency fry home and of course drained the battery 3 days ago. It takes 2 batteries and, of course, I only have one. Will stock up tomorrow like everyone else here caught with their pants down. I couldn't have gone tonight because my garage door is electronic and have no way of opening it.

I have 3 tanks running so I better order 2 more emergency bubblers!

Gave me quite a scare.

Thanks so much for your quick responses.

Glad it is on again.

I need to pick some up too, although I have an inverter for my car battery.

The garage door opener mechanism on the track, has a pin up at the top where it moves back and forth, or a pull knob on a cord with a hinge, then you can manually open it :flowers:

if you have a hob filter pour tank water into as much as possible to keep the bacteria alive
the fish should be ok , if you still have running water you could do water changes every day which will remove ammonia and nitrite and add oxygen to the water , also cool the water \ do not feed the fish

Glad it is on again.

I need to pick some up too, although I have an inverter for my car battery.

The garage door opener mechanism on the track, has a pin up at the top where it moves back and forth, or a pull knob on a cord with a hinge, then you can manually open it :flowers:

Good to know, but I don't think I could find it in the dark. I also have lots of black widows in the garage!

Back
Top Bottom