Help prep for New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a 30 gal tank with 4 tetras and dwarf gourami tommorow I'm adding two blue rams what should I do to my tank tonight?

Is this for your cycling tank? If so, I would suggest not adding any new fish until your parameters have been stable (zero ammonia & nitrite) for atleast 2 weeks. When you do add new fish, make sure you are testing daily for atleast a week or so after to make sure there are no spikes due to the increase in bioload. If there are, some extra water changes will necessary. :)

I've been getting water tested daily and only thing is ph low but was told normal for around here, about 6.5 I wouldn't take rams but I pre ordered thru local pet shop two weeks ago and no refunds! I just wants best for the two rams 4 tetras and dwarf gourami in my 30 gal tank with two 30 gal filters cycling 300 gallons a hour

Alex33 said:
I've been getting water tested daily and only thing is ph low but was told normal for around here, about 6.5 I wouldn't take rams but I pre ordered thru local pet shop two weeks ago and no refunds! I just wants best for the two rams 4 tetras and dwarf gourami in my 30 gal tank with two 30 gal filters cycling 300 gallons a hour

Please help! Should I do pwc u did yesterday? I been every other day just to do

Alex33 said:

Should I do pwc tonight ? I did yesterday ? And been doing every other day? Help

I agree that not adding while cycling is best, but since they're on the way either way, one thing you can do to ease the transition is to drip acclimate them.

I would also do a water change immediately before acclimation to lower ammonia and nitrites and limit any stress from the sudden exposure to them as much as you can.

A step-by-step guide to drip acclimation can be found here:

All You Need to Know About Acclimation - Aquarium Advice

Good luck!

hey there rams are very picky when it comes to water quality the tests should be idealy like this 0-0-10 temp 80 and a ph of about 6.5 so u have lucked out ph wise.

My water stays at 81 I can't get lower or less I un plug heater during these hot months in pa ?

Back
Top Bottom